Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
In these terms and conditions of entry ("Entry Conditions"), the following definitions shall apply:
Attraction: The Bear Grylls Adventure or any part of it.
Merlin/Us/We/Our: [Merlin Attractions Operations Limited (Company No. 6272935), registered in England and Wales, whose registered office address is at Link House, 25 West Street, Poole, Dorset BH15 1LD.]
Ticket: a valid ticket allowing the holder entry to the attraction.
Guests are admitted to this attraction subject to the following entry conditions which contains important information about the attraction and participating in the activities. Guests should ensure they have read these entry conditions and, by purchasing or using a ticket, guests agree to comply with these entry conditions.
Any person who does not comply with these Entry Conditions may be removed from the Attraction by Merlin personnel, security or police officers, without any right to a refund. This is without prejudice to any claim that we may have against such a person or arising out of their actions. Whilst inside the Attraction, all guests must comply with any reasonable instructions given to them by Merlin personnel or any third party instructed on behalf of Merlin. We may amend these Entry Conditions from time to time. Every time you purchase a ticket or enter the attraction, please check these entry conditions to ensure you are aware of the terms that apply at the time.
If you have any queries relating to these entry conditions, please contact Merlin on:
Telephone: 0121 725 2616 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Your participation in the activities
Due to the activities at the Attraction, every guest is required to complete a Participation Form/ Risk Acknowledgment prior to their visit or on entry to the Attraction. Guests who do not sign a Participation Form/ Risk Acknowledgement, or do not comply with any of the terms set out in the Participation Form/Risk Acknowledgement or these Entry Conditions, may be refused entry to the Attraction or prohibited from taking part in activities at the Attraction.
Guests acknowledge and accept that some of the activities at the Attraction involve risk of harm or serious injury. Guests agree that they are responsible for their own safety (and any children under their supervisions) at all times. Guests agree to follow any written or oral instructions or briefings given by Merlin, and all other notices, safety rules or signage and/or safety videos or demonstrations provided by Merlin. Guests should inform Merlin staff immediately if they do not understand any instructions.
Unfortunately, due to the nature of this experience pregnant guests are unable to take part in any activity.
Any safety clothing or helmet must be worn at all times and equipment must be used in accordance with The Bear Grylls Adventure’s instructions.
It is the responsibility of each guest to monitor their condition during physical activities and guests agree to inform The Bear Grylls Adventure staff or instructors immediately if there is any discomfort or if guests wish to stop an activity. Guests must immediately report any accidents or injuries suffered by them or by another participant to a member of The Bear Grylls Adventure staff.
By entering the Attraction, guests accept they have a duty to take reasonable steps to ensure their own safety, taking into account any personal medical conditions. We recommend that guests with any medical conditions contact The Bear Grylls Adventure before purchasing a ticket to ensure that this does not affect participation in the activities at the Attraction.
Guests must notify The Bear Grylls Adventure (and the relevant instructors at each activity) of any medical condition which might make it more likely to be involved in an incident or cause injury to such guest or other participations. Guests who may be concerned about their ability to take part in the activities should consult a doctor before taking part.
For health and safety reasons (due to the topographical features of the Attraction), wheelchairs and mobility scooters are the only transport devices permitted within the Attraction. For the avoidance of doubt, bicycles, hover-boards, roller-blades or similar devices are not permitted within the Attraction.
Our commitment to provide a service
Merlin will endeavour to ensure that as many activities as possible are available for guests at the Attraction. However, The Bear Grylls Adventure reserves the right, without prior notice, to close and change the programme of activities and/or the Attraction's operating hours. The Bear Grylls Adventure in its absolute discretion reserves the right to close the whole or any part of the Attraction at any time or to restrict the number of persons having access to the Attraction or apply certain restrictions to an activity. The reason for any closure or restriction provided by this condition may include, without limitation, technical or operational reasons, capacity, inclement weather, special events or to ensure the safety and security of guests or if The Bear Grylls Adventure reasonably considers the circumstances so require. For Tickets purchased in advance, if the whole Attraction is closed for any of the reasons set out above, Merlin may offer replacement Tickets for admission to the Attraction on an alternative date or issue a refund to the guest.
Our right to remove you
Merlin, acting reasonably at all times, reserves the right, in its absolute discretion, to refuse admission to the Attraction, ban from entry to the Attraction, or remove from the Attraction without any right to a refund, any person whose presence or behaviour may affect the enjoyment and/or safety of other guests or staff, or who:
- acts in an inappropriate and/or undesirable manner whilst travelling to the Attraction whether by bus, coach or other means, where such behaviour has been reported to the The Bear Grylls Adventure by a reliable independent source;
- has been convicted of a criminal offence relating to the The Bear Grylls Adventure, or civil unrest at Merlin property/attractions, or uses violent, aggressive, threatening, abusive, discriminatory or insulting words or behaviour or in any way behaves in a manner which may provoke a breach of the peace;
- acts in a way contrary to health and safety instructions, climbs or stands upon fences, barriers, walls, safety fences, rock arrangements, exhibits or any other buildings at the Attraction; enters or attempts to enter any part of the Attraction which is a restricted or prohibited area as determined by Merlin, including workshops and changing rooms; or queue jumps at the activities without an authorised fast access;
- has displayed any sign or visible representation of any kind which is, or could be reasonably judged to be, threatening, abusive or insulting;
- has previously acted in any manner which has caused any Attraction or person to report that individual to Merlin;
- is attempting to gain admission to the Attraction without a valid Ticket, or has been found inside the Attraction without a valid Ticket; or
- has purchased or obtained any Tickets or discount vouchers from a Ticket tout or the The Bear Grylls Adventure reasonably believes that they have purchased a Ticket from an unauthorised source.
If any guest in breach of any of these Entry Conditions is a member of a group, then such group of individuals may also, at Merlin’s discretion, be denied entry or escorted from the Attraction without any right to a refund. Merlin reserves the right to initiate legal proceedings or prosecute any person found damaging or defacing any part of the grounds, fences, barriers, walls, exhibits, fabrics or buildings at the Attraction. At Merlin's discretion, future access to the Attraction may be denied to any guest who has previously been denied entry or escorted from the Attraction.
The Attraction is private property. All persons entering the Attraction must pay for admission or hold a valid Ticket which has been obtained from Merlin, the Attraction, the Attraction's website or a third party authorised by Merlin to sell Tickets. The sale of Tickets/vouchers by anyone other than Merlin or someone who has been expressly authorised by Merlin to sell Tickets is strictly prohibited. Only persons authorised by Merlin are permitted to sell or offer for sale any items to guests within the Attraction grounds. All Tickets are non-transferable, not for resale and will become automatically void on any transfer for value.
Tickets purchased are only valid on the date and time printed on the Ticket. Please check the Attraction's operating calendar for opening dates and times. Tickets may not be valid for special events or concerts which may attract a separate admission fee. Tickets will only be exchanged or refunded if Merlin, in its absolute discretion, chooses to do so. For the avoidance of any doubt, pre-booked Tickets are non-refundable in the event that admission is refused or relinquished for any reason referred to in these Entry Conditions. Non-dated Tickets booked in advance do not guarantee admission to the Attraction, especially during busy times or on specific days when there are special events or where the Attraction has reached capacity.
Tickets booked online will be subject to any booking conditions and will be delivered in accordance with Merlin’s delivery procedure. If Tickets are bought on behalf of other guests, the buyer accepts these Entry Conditions on behalf of every guest and shall ensure that these Entry Conditions are complied with by each person in the group. If re-entry into the Attraction is required, an appropriate hand-stamp or Ticket must be obtained before exiting the Attraction, which must be shown at the time of re-entry to regain access. Tickets must be retained at all times and submitted for inspection if required by Merlin. Tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable once purchased.
No person under the age of 14 will be admitted to the Attraction unless they are accompanied by an adult aged 18 years or over and such person or persons whilst on site must remain under the control or supervision of an adult at all times. Merlin reserves the right, in its absolute discretion to change the age restrictions referred to in this condition, if any particular circumstances so require in the interests of safety and security.
The Attraction is unable to accept card payments online from card holders registered overseas.
Annual Pass Holders
The Attraction is part of the "Merlin Annual Pass scheme", but please note that there’s only a discount on tickets at The Bear Grylls Adventure and that separate terms and conditions apply which can be found on the Annual Pass section of Merlin's website at https://www.merlinentertainments.biz/merlin-annual-pass.
All Annual Passes are subject to the operating calendar of each Attraction. Opening and closing dates including applicable exclusion dates can be found on the Attraction's website. Guests should check these before they visit.
Annual Passes may also be subject to additional restrictions or charges and secondary attraction fees may apply. Please see Merlin's, or the Attraction's, website for further details.
Unnecessary noise (such as that from the use of portable electronic devices) or any behaviour likely to cause annoyance to other guests or confusion of any kind is not permitted in any part of the Attraction. Smoking (including of e-cigarettes) is strictly prohibited other than in designated smoking areas. All attractions, amusements, transport systems and any other facilities located at the Attraction must only be used in accordance with the relevant operator's instructions.
Dress & appearance must be suitable for a family attraction
Guests must wear appropriate clothing (active wear that covers legs and arms, as well as steady shoes such as lace-up trainers) and any clothing or equipment provided by The Bear Grylls Adventure in respect of the activities, at all times whilst at the Attraction. If guests are wearing clothing that is indecent or likely to cause offence in any way, they will be refused entry or removed from the Attraction without issuing a refund. Certain items of clothing may not be permitted on some activities for health and safety reasons.
Vehicles are parked at the owners’ risk. We take no responsibility for damage caused to any vehicle using the car park and no guarantee is given as to the security of guests’ vehicles in the car park or any contents. A parking fee applies, but this will be at a reduced rate on validation of the ticket at The Bear Grylls Adventure. No vehicles are permitted to remain in the Attraction outside the Attraction’s normal operating hours without the prior express permission of the Attraction. The Attraction retains absolute discretion as to whether such permission is granted. Motor homes, camper vans, caravans or any other vehicle of a similar nature are not permitted anywhere within the Attraction unless express prior permission in writing has been given by a senior member of the Attraction. This permission in its original form will need to be produced prior to entry to the Attraction. Photocopies will not be accepted. A breach of this condition will be deemed to be trespassing, the vehicle will be removed and the owner shall be responsible for all consequences arising as a result of such removal.
Security and Safety
To prevent offensive weapons or dangerous articles from being brought into the Attraction, guests are admitted to the Attraction subject to the condition that, if requested to do so, they will allow themselves and/or their belongings to be searched. It is prohibited to bring into the Attraction any weapons, fireworks, smoke bombs, glass bottles or other articles which may cause injury. The throwing of any article which could cause injury or affect the enjoyment of other guests is strictly prohibited. Any person found to be in possession of an article deemed to be offensive or dangerous will be immediately escorted from the Attraction without any right to a refund and Merlin reserves the right to make reports to the relevant authorities which may lead to prosecution. The consumption of alcohol is permitted only in authorised places within the Attraction. Accordingly, alcohol may not be taken into the Attraction except with the express permission of Merlin and any persons found possessing alcohol, or who appear to be under the influence of alcohol may be refused admission to the Attraction or escorted from the Attraction without any right to a refund. The use of illegal substances and/or legal highs (including, but not limited to, laughing gas) are strictly prohibited and any persons found possessing, using or who appear to be under the influence of illegal substances and/or legal highs will be refused admission or escorted from the Attraction without any right to a refund.
CCTV cameras are used to assist in the proper running of the Attraction. However, we do not make any representation as to the extent of coverage provided by the cameras. All items, belongings and other property brought into the Attraction by guests are at their own risk and we accept no liability for any loss or damage to such property. As such, we recommend that guests do not bring valuables to the Attraction.
Height, weight or age restrictions may apply to activities or certain elements of the Attractions. Certain activities may use lighting effects, strobe lighting or flashing lights.
Please be aware that if you appear to be taking photographs on site for anything other than personal purposes, one of our guests experience team or security staff may approach and speak to you to ascertain your intentions. If it transpires you are filming or taking photographs for commercial or editorial purposes without written permission, we reserve the right to ask you to stop and we will inform you of the appropriate channels of communication.
Pets or animals of any nature are expressly prohibited in the Attraction (except for guide dogs, hearing dogs and registered assistance dogs) and, for the avoidance of doubt, should not be left in any vehicle parked at the Attraction. Merlin reserves the right to contact any relevant authority to make and be responsible for any decision in relation to any animals that are left unsupervised or that are found to be in distress.
Unless it is expressly prohibited, guests are permitted to take photographs and recordings within certain areas of the Attraction, provided that these are solely for private use and are not sold or used for any commercial or public purpose. By accepting these Entry Conditions, guests acknowledge that Merlin may on demand have access to photographs taken and video footage captured by guests and request that certain photographs and/or footage are deleted if they are deemed to be offensive to or infringe the privacy of other guests and/or staff. By accepting these Entry Conditions, guests agree not to intentionally photograph and/or capture video footage of any individual without that person’s permission and guests must adhere to all photography/filming restrictions in place from time to time whilst within the Attraction. From time to time Merlin or other authorised parties carry out photography and/or video recording in the Attraction, which may feature guests. Entry to the Attraction is deemed acceptance of these Entry Conditions, and guests therefore agree that Merlin or any authorised party may use such images free of charge and in perpetuity in any promotional, advertising or publicity material in any format whatsoever. Guests further agree that copyright in these materials rests with Merlin or such authorised party (as the case may be).
As part of your booking, you may have your pictures and videos taken during your booked activities. Due to the nature of these activities, every effort is taken to keep you separate from any other participants, but this may not always be possible. As a result of this, some of your pictures and/or images may involve other participants involved in your activity. Any footage taken will remain the property of The Bear Grylls Adventure and Magic Memories, and may be shared and used by either, including, but not limited to promotional purposes on our website, or social media outlets, and to any person that purchases the footage, provided that the image(s) and/or video(s) also includes the purchaser, if they have the consent (implied or express) of any participant they may be accompanying or any participant they are acting as a parent/guardian for. By purchasing activities which have pictures and videos taken, you consent to having your pictures and videos taken and shared by us. If you have any concerns, or do not consent to having your images or videos taken, please speak to a member of the team on the day of your visit, or please email email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org before your visit
Guest participation in the activities at the Attraction is voluntary and by participating guests acknowledge that they are aware of the risks involved. Merlin accepts no responsibility and will not be liable for any loss, damage (including loss or damage to property) or injury arising from or in connection with the activities at the Attraction or as a result of the guest's failure to comply with these Entry Conditions. Merlin does not, however, exclude or limit our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- All group bookings sizes from 7-15 must be paid in full and revert to our standard ticket non cancellation policy.
- All bookings of 15+ group size; we require a deposits of 10% which is a non-refundable deposit and must be paid when the quote is agreed – once the deposit is paid this them means your booking is secured in our calendar.
- The full balance must be paid at least 14 days prior to the event at which points all numbers are final, however we can increase if we have the availability and the payment is made for the additional activities
- Cancellations of 14 days* or less prior to the event – the deposit is non-refundable and 100% of full booking value is required as payment
- Cancellations of 30 days* or less prior to the event – the deposit is non-refundable and 50% of the booking value is payable on cancellation
- Cancellations 31 days* or more prior to the event – the deposit is non-refundable, however we can move the booking to a new date within 6 months from the initial date however you will incur a 5% administration charge which will be added to your revised order quotation.
Sun Superdays 2021
Terms and Conditions
1. Open to residents in England, Wales and Scotland, aged 18 or over only, except employees of the Promoter, News UK & Ireland Limited, and their associated, affiliated or subsidiary companies, their families, agents or any other person(s) connected with this promotion, including third party promotional partners.
2. Only one application per household. Only one application method may be used. Multiple applications from the same household will ALL be cancelled.
3. Application for your two free tickets is via ONE method only: a. Via the Sun Savers app or website (online application) - you must collect NINE unique Sun Savers codes by purchase of The Sun or The Sun on Sunday from Saturday, October 2, 2021 – Tuesday, October 19, 2021. Once you have entered or scanned NINE unique Sun Savers codes you will receive a unique booking code via email which will allow you to select a specific activity as well as a date and time slot (within the period of Saturday, October 16, 2021 – Sunday, June 26, 2022) online directly on The Bear Grylls Adventure website. You will receive an order confirmation number via email. Your order number is all you need to check in at the attraction on the day, and you will not receive a ticket as this will act as your ticket.
4. Your unique booking code will be emailed to you within 28 days of receipt of your application. Please email email@example.com for any general queries about ticket processing. For any issues specifically with booking your ticket online via The Bear Grylls Adventure please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Tickets are available to visit the attraction from Saturday, October 16, 2021 to Sunday, June 26, 2022. The following dates are excluded at The Bear Grylls Adventure: All Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays, apart from October 27 and December 22, 27, 28.
6. Tickets are subject to availability and on a first come, first served basis. You are encouraged to book
early to avoid disappointment particularly for tickets during weekends and school/bank holidays which
have more limited availability. There are 1,664 school/bank holiday tickets available and 4,032
weekend tickets available.
7. Tickets are non-transferable, and are only valid for ONE of the following four activities at The Bear Grylls Adventure at the booked date and time slot. Activities include: Archery, High Ropes, Shooting and Climb. All tickets include unlimited access to the Assault Course on the day of visit.
8. The closing date for applications is strictly Monday, November 1, 2021. We will not be able to process or honour any applications received after this date.
9. Your unique booking code must be redeemed online by midnight on Monday, November 22, 2021.
10. In the event incorrect or incomplete information is provided this may result in the rejection of your application.
11. No liability will be accepted for applications lost, damaged or delayed in the post or for technical, hardware or software failures, lost, faulty or unavailable network connections or difficulties of any kind that may limit or prohibit your ability to participate in the promotion. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall in any way limit the Promoter's liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or for any other matter where liability may not as a matter of law be limited.
12. The Promoter and The Bear Grylls Adventure cannot take any responsibility for any unused tickets and will not, under any circumstance, reissue tickets for an alternative date if the allocated date/time is missed.
13. Photocopies are not accepted.
14. Tickets have no cash value and will be VOID and invalid if transferred to parties other than the applicant, and a valid ID will be required at check in.
15. Tickets are not for re-sale. A breach of this condition will entitle The Bear Grylls Adventure or the Promoter to cancel the tickets without prior notification, refund, compensation or liability.
16. Successful applicants must pre-book their visit online before attending the attraction. Attending the attraction without a reserved timeslot may result in the applicant being refused entry.
17. Tickets must be presented upon entrance and surrendered to the ticket booth operator at The Bear Grylls Adventure. E-tickets can be shown via a mobile phone.
18. This offer may not be used in conjunction with any other offer or discount. Any further additional visitors accompanying offer ticket holders must pay the full admission price booking online at The Bear Grylls Adventure website in advance of your visit and subject to availability.
19. The successful applicant and guest are responsible for travel to and from the attraction including parking at their own expense.
20. Size, height, weight, age restrictions and medical warnings apply to various activities. For full restrictions visit www.beargryllsadventure.com/restrictions.
For High Ropes: Participants must be 8+ years. 8 and 9 year olds must be accompanied on the activity by an adult aged 18 or over. This adult must have a full activity ticket. Adults accompanying guests aged 8 and 9 are required to remain on the same High Ropes level as the child/children at all times. Guests aged 10-16 years will need an adult present at check-in to sign waivers, but can enjoy the adventure unaccompanied. Parent or guardian accompanying those aged 10 to 13 is required to remain on site. Weight Restrictions: Maximum weight 130kg. Height Restrictions: Minimum height 130cm. Maximum height 203cm.
For Climb: Participants must be 8+ years. 8 and 9 year olds must be accompanied on the activity by an adult aged 18 or over. This adult must have a full activity ticket. Guests aged 10-16 years will need an adult present at check-in to sign waivers, but can enjoy the adventure unaccompanied. Parent or guardian accompanying those aged 10 to 13 is required to remain on site. Weight Restrictions: Maximum weight 136kg.
For Archery: Participants must be 8+ years. 8 and 9 year olds must be accompanied on the activity by an adult aged 18 or over. This adult must have a full activity ticket. Guests aged 10-16 years will need an adult present at check-in to sign waivers, but can enjoy the adventure unaccompanied. Parent or guardian accompanying those aged 10 to 13 is required to remain on site.
For Shooting: Participants must be 10+ years. Guests aged 10-15 must be accompanied on the activity by a participating parent or guardian aged 18+ on a ratio of 1 adult to 2 children. That parent or guardian must purchase a full ticket for the activity. Our activity instructors cannot assume the position of guardian for participants aged 10-15.
21. Tickets are subject to The Bear Grylls Adventure terms and conditions (found at www.beargryllsadventure.com/security-privacy/terms-conditions) as applicable. For information about the attraction, please visit beargryllsadventure.com.
22. The Bear Grylls Adventure reserve the right, in their absolute discretion, to refuse entry and to close
and/or alter all or any part of the facilities including closure of the attraction or other reasons including
23. Extra activities to the one chosen with your two free tickets can be purchased for an additional
discounted cost and are subject to availability. These include; High Ropes, Archery, Climb, Shooting
and iFLY Indoor Skydiving. To book these activities at a discounted cost they must be added to your
basket at the point of booking your two free Sun Superdays tickets on The Bear Grylls Adventure
24. Further activities can also be purchased for an additional cost and are subject to availability. These include; Dive, Snorkel and Escape Rooms. These activities must be booked as a separate transaction on The Bear Grylls Adventure website at the price stated.
25. Guests must choose and book their allocated date and time slot. Tickets are only valid for the date and times booked and are non-refundable. Guests must arrive 30 minutes prior to their activity start time. Failure to arrive on time will result in you missing your activity time and will we not be able to allocate you another activity time due to restricted numbers. This will be classed as a late arrival and we will be unable to offer a new date.
27. These Terms and Conditions are governed by English law. The courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear any dispute or claim arising in association with the Promotion or these Terms and Conditions.
28. The promoter of this promotion is News Group Newspapers Ltd (publishers of The Sun) (the “Promoter”). Your completed application form is your acceptance of the terms and conditions of this promotion.
29. The Promoter, its affiliates, and the attraction may amend or withdraw any element of the promotion for reasons beyond their reasonable control, including but not limited to the unavailability of the promotion entry platform before the closing date, or for strike, lock-out, labour dispute, illness, act of God, natural disaster, adverse weather conditions, war, riot, civil commotion, accident, public health concern in relation to potential infection, epidemic or pandemic, malicious damage, fire, flood and/or storm, compliance with law or governmental order, rule, regulation or direction, breakdown of plant, machinery or transportation. The Promoter, its affiliates, and the attraction are not responsible for any loss or damage caused to you as a result of any of these occurrences. Therefore the Promoter and the attraction shall not be responsible if a participant is unable to redeem their tickets for any time period as a result of government guidelines or restrictions resulting from COVID-19. No alternative booking dates or compensation will be made available in these circumstances.
30. Those showing COVID-19 symptoms or who have had a positive COVID-19 test are requested not to visit the attraction. The Bear Grylls Adventure asks all guests to play their part in helping to protect themselves and each other.
Return Archery Offer January 2022
- All guests that book and visit in January will receive a free return visit valid for Archery only later in 2022
- January visit may be for any activity at The Bear Grylls Adventure
- January visit must be booked directly via The Bear Grylls Adventure website to qualify for free Archery return visit.
- Visits booked via third party campaigns, discounts or vouchers will not qualify for free archery return visit.
- Date of ticket purchase must be between 27th December 2021 and 31st January 2022 to qualify for free Archery return visit.
- Date of visit must be between 27th December 2021 and 31st January 2022 to qualify for free Archery return visit.
- Guests will receive a code via email at the end of January with which they can book in their return visit for Archery
- Free Archery return visit is valid on any date except peak times across weekends 11am-3pm and across school holiday periods
- Free Archery return visit must be used during 2022
- Free Archery return visit availability may be viewed when redeeming and booking free Archery return visit code by following the instructions provided in received email